Friends, it is my pleasure to share the latest “Bishop Barron Presents” discussion, featuring editor and author Sohrab Ahmari. In our conversation, we discuss his new book, “The Unbroken Thread.” Sohrab named his son after St. Maximillian Kolbe, and the book originated in his hope to inculcate in his son the virtues and values that shaped this great saint. We also examine:
- The problem of “scientism”
- How Catholic morality can serve as a referee for society
- The paradox of freedom from restraint
- St. Thomas’ teaching on how our longings are satisfied in God
- The loss of Sabbath, leisure, and spiritual rituals
- How to avoid egocentric self-invention and instead accept an invitation to spiritual adventure
Stay tuned for future “Bishop Barron Presents” conversations. These intellectually invigorating discussions feature varying religious and political perspectives to encourage greater understanding and civility.